Wednesday, September 18, 2013

We Will Need Them All

"Don't wish me happiness. I don't expect to be happy all the time...It's gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." --Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Changes are upon us, but not much feels different. Independence for some, new companionship for others, and there's a feeling that it's all going to change in a year. And it's definitely going to, but we also need to pause and let it just happen. Or maybe that's just me. 
There are the dates that we're waiting to arrive, like September 23: the day Meghan starts her new job. Let's pause, breathe and celebrate that. We're proud of you, but, more importantly, you're proud of you. I think you've got most of the changes already behind you, or just waiting for you on the threshold, and that's exciting and exhausting at the same time.
How about September 26: the day I start my third Senior year of college, and the final one at that. Patting myself on the back, wiping the sweat from my upper lip, and picturing Barrett standing next to me in my cap and gown. Along with my three best ladies, of course. If that doesn't get me through these next nine months, at least pictures of Norway and the Italian coast will. I'm hopeful of that. 
Or how about October 23: the day Brit flies 3,000 miles to face her beloved New York, New York, reunite with those of past shenanigans, and meet The Case. We're proud of you, and I think when you step off the plane, it'll almost feel like nothing's changed. But, you'll see. We'll see. Obviously everything has tilted on its own axis, reversed, turned the other way, and pushed you forward into a completely different world, but that city's still home in some aspects. 
Or, finally, how about Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, the day Barrett says "I love You", a new year, Alex's store's opening (it's gonna happen, lady!), or the moment the Magnolia tree in our front yard finally decides to give our house a huge, wall-breaking hug? Or maybe, just maybe, the day we realize that we're in "it" and that there's nothing better than what we're doing, simply because we're just doing it? Maybe we'll never get there, or maybe we're in it right now and we're just too focused on getting out of right now to see it. Either way, we're in it together, guys, gals, shit-heads, cats, and the homeless, so let's keep doing what we're doing. 

Life Moments | September 7- September 13

Barrett played model.






Except nothing is as beautiful as a naked window greeting at the peak of the afternoon. 


Or these other moments we've been livin' lately.































Meghan and I went swimming in new bathing suits and went to a wedding in a church--all in one week. We're growing up, folks! But we'll never be too old for a match of mancala outside of Twiggs. And yes, Molly is married. Guess we're not the only ones growing up. 

September, keep doin' your thing. We'll be here doing ours. 
P.S. Thanks for the 70 degrees today. Keep it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment